One of the first things I am tackling with the portfolio is the choice of colors. After picking a color palette, hopefully I can begin the rough draft of the general page layouts . Revisiting old projects will be one of the longer processes in making this portfolio and once I have a rough layout of the projects, I can just insert my edited projects into my portfolio and begin to finalize everything.
Anyway, the above image is a mosaic of swatches from the very useful Kuler. I have narrowed it down to these 5 swatches.
- The Science of Art – what attracts me to this palette is that it has a simple array of 4 light gray/brown hues with a green accent color.
- Fine China – this is similar to the first one in that it has one accent color (blue), with the difference being the addition of a dark black color.
- The Science of Art (Red) – I changed the accent color of the first one to a magenta-like color
- Retro – this one is nice because of it’s broad range of colors from the light to the dark. It’s also fairly subdued, which would work well in a portfolio where you want your work to stand out, not your flashy colors
- Tiger in the Snow – similar to Fine China. This one’s great because of its cool colors with the orange.